Lane's story culminates as she and the remaining Fellowship follow their own paths to Gondor. Lane finally thinks she has a shot at the happiness she's never before experienced, but choices are yet to be made if she ever wants a taste of it. Will she be allowed to stay in Middle-earth, or will she even be given a choice?
, Movie-verse Characters: Aragorn
, Eru / Iluvatar
, Gandalf / Olorin
, Namo / Mandos
, Original Character
, The Fellowship
, RomanceWarnings: AU (alternate universe)
, Character Death
, Graphic Sex
None Series: Protect and Serve
Jun 26 2012 Updated:
Oct 20 2012
As always, this is Tolkien's work, I'm just playing in his sandbox!
1. The Story of Who I Am by Lasarina [Reviews - 20] (5631 words)
2. Greater Men by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (5643 words)
3. Waiting in the Darkness by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (11494 words)
4. The Woman I Am by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (5949 words)
5. Holding On by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (5578 words)
6. Battle Highs and Lows by Lasarina [Reviews - 3] (5392 words)
7. No Regrets by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (10182 words)
Stop! Hold it right there! Yes, you!
This is the extended, unedited, unadulterated version of this chapter. This is where we really earn the story's rating. So you must be of age (per your state's or country's age restrictions) to read adult material. By continuing past this warning, you are consenting to be of age.
Now, if you'd like to read the clean version of this chapter, you can proceed to fanfiction.net and read the chapter there. The link is in my bio. Nothing 100% vital is left out of that version, though it does develop the Lane/Legolas relationship more, as well as peeling back more of Lane's past and character. But as I said, not one 100% vital.
Happy reading! Oh, and you might not want to read this chapter in public, at work, etc. ;)
8. Que Sera, Sera by Lasarina [Reviews - 2] (6108 words)
9. The Ups and Downs of Matrimony by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (8538 words)
A/N: Sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out, I’ve had it done for a week, but I’ve been busy all this week and couldn’t get it posted. I’ve been letting my neighbor gal keep her horse with my bunch and been trying to help her learn more about horses. She’s eager, but still pretty new and needs a lot of help, so it takes a lot of time to go for what used to be a simple ride, lol. I never realized how long it takes to explain the basics of things, or how long it takes to answer all the little questions about things you just know and haven’t thought about in years. It gives me a lot of sympathy for parents teaching kids all those little things every day!
10. Battle Called Love by Lasarina [Reviews - 0] (8233 words)
11. A Promise for Passion by Lasarina [Reviews - 2] (7140 words)
12. Beyond This Land of Parting by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (8926 words)
Stop! Once more, hold it right there! This is another uncensored, unadulterated chapter. Okay, truthfully, there isn't anything really that explicit about this chapter, but if you haven't read the full, uncensored version of chapter 7, then parts of this chapter probably won't make a lot of sense.
If you would prefer to read the edited, censored version of this chapter, you can read it at fanfiction.net. As that site doesn't allow adult content, it has to be edited of explicit material. I have the link for that chapter in my bio, so if you would prefer that version, go check it out, but be sure to leave me a review either there, or back here. Whichever you prefer.
Truthfully, this chapter isn't that much longer or different, and it's truly not that explicit, but depending on which version of chapter 7 you read, parts could be confusing.
Well, thanks again, it's been a fun, wild ride.
I present to you: The Final Chapter!
13. Author's Note by Lasarina [Reviews - 3] (638 words)
14. Epilogue: When Honor Dies by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (7356 words)
15. Epilogue: To Honor Wishes by Lasarina [Reviews - 1] (3922 words)