A ring can represent practically anything. Undying love, a silent promise, real friendship, commitment, but also nobility, worship or faith. There are rings that symbolize dependence, enslavement, eternity, and apparently there is one that stands for all that’s evil in this world. But let’s not forget a ring is nothing more than a piece of metal that fits nicely around a finger. It doesn’t even have to be pretty.
So don’t ask me why I ended up risking my life, going on this quest to destroy one. I mean, you can’t really blame me for getting caught up in things I don’t even believe in, right?
Be warned: this is a tenth walker fic and English is my second language. It’s possible you’ll hate this story, but don’t forget you’re not legally obliged to do so. And seriously, I really like readers and absolutely love reviewers.
Categories: Movie-verse Characters: Aragorn
, Gandalf / Olorin
, Original Character
, RomanceWarnings: AU (alternate universe)
, First Draft
Mar 04 2009 Updated:
Jan 24 2015
1. Rewrite: by Ndil [Reviews - 18] (120 words)
2. Chapter 1 by Ndil [Reviews - 13] (947 words)
DISCLAIMER: I’d like to thank Tolkien for leaving a world for me to read, dream and write about; Middle Earth and its native inhabitants belong to him.
All prose written in italics represents words spoken in a modern language. The rest of the dialog is in Westron.
It was the doom of the Firstborn to fade into the twilight, to leave the world to the domination of mankind. But regret strained the Valar.
Be warned: this is a tenth walker story, but it is written to be different. Or so I tried.
I don’t know much about these American ratings, but I don’t think my story would have to be rated. I’d say that if you watched the movies, you should be old enough to handle it.
Earlier I posted the first chapter to attract a Beta. I haven’t found one yet so I apologize in advance for mistakes in grammar and spelling. English is my second language and this is my very first fanfic. The fact that the read count keeps increasing has made me brave enough to keep posting.
3. Chapter 2 by Ndil [Reviews - 5] (4969 words)
4. Chapter 3 by Ndil [Reviews - 3] (2313 words)
5. Chapter 4 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (3192 words)
6. Chapter 5 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (2088 words)
7. Chapter 6 by Ndil [Reviews - 0] (3278 words)
8. Chapter 7 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (5909 words)
9. Chapter 8 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (1762 words)
10. Chapter 9 by Ndil [Reviews - 0] (3964 words)
11. Chapter 10 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (2286 words)
12. Chapter 11 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (1148 words)
13. Chapter 12 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (4536 words)
14. Chapter 13 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (4910 words)
15. Chapter 14 by Ndil [Reviews - 3] (4622 words)
16. Chapter 15 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (851 words)
I'm sorry, this chapter is really short. More coming soon!
17. Chapter 16 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (2015 words)
18. Chapter 17 by Ndil [Reviews - 2] (2077 words)
19. Chapter 18 by Ndil [Reviews - 11] (1357 words)
20. Chapter 19 by Ndil [Reviews - 6] (5630 words)
21. Chapter 20 by Ndil [Reviews - 0] (186 words)
22. Chapter 21 by Ndil [Reviews - 0] (610 words)
23. Chapter 22 by Ndil [Reviews - 0] (1062 words)
24. Chapter 23 by Ndil [Reviews - 11] (67 words)
25. Chapter 25 by Ndil [Reviews - 1] (120 words)