Saving Grace by Silence of Fire
While living with her husband was wonderful, Celebrían often longed for the home in which she grew up: Lothlórien. Arwen visited there as well. As mother and daughter, isn't it reasonable to assume they traveled together? If so, Arwen might have been with her mother during the infamous orc attack. Give an account of the event as if she were. Pick and choose one or more options from this list to incorporate into your story.
1. Considering her beauty was only surpassed by Lúthien, why and how did Arwen get away?
2. An elven-warrior' in charge of Celebrían's safety had his entire life change drastically because of this one event.
3. While the event itself should be the dominant focus of the story, don't recount the event itself. Either:
4. "Love can move mountains," but that doesn't make the mountains simple to move. How does Elrond's love bring Celebrían from the brink of death? Why wasn't it enough to keep her in Middle Earth? How does it influence him after she leaves?
5. After Arwen decides to take the path of a mortal life she recalls her last days with her mother. In this light does she regret her choice?
6. How does Celebrían take the news of Arwen's decision to remain in Middle Earth? If she could change her decision and delay sailing west in light of this knowledge, would she?
7. Other Inspiration: Tell another story inspired by and related to the basis of this challenge.
Characters: Arwen, Celebrían